Welcome to our allergy-friendly, organic-oriented, labor-conscious blog. We aren't perfect or pure. We value conversation and action that lead to more insight, more depth, more love, and more justice.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CSF: Consumer Supported Fishery!

I'm shifting focus a little, partly because it is February, and it's a little too early to start tilling the soil...or laying the ground in a truck bed. But, mostly, I have to write about the CSF because I have such joyful memories of the Maine mussels I cooked from the Seacoast Winter Farmers' Market last weekend. I am lamenting the fact that our next farmers' market isn't until February 13th.

Consumer Supported Fishing is an awesome idea! I missed the shrimp subscription, but next year, I'm on it. You get local shrimp every week in January and February--shrimp you know is local and ethically acceptable. And it's at a great price!

Having shrimp right now might make me forget that we are eating potatoes, carrots and frozen spinach every single day!

P.S. Click on the title of this post to get to "nhseafood.com"!

No comments: